World Kindness Day
February 17, 2020
This year at HLB Mann Judd Insolvency WA, we are really making an effort to celebrate and acknowledge special dates of the year, whether it be well known ones like “Are You Ok Day” or even as simple and delicious as “International Coffee Day”.
This helps remind us to not only have fun with the outrageous days like “Play Tennis Day” or “International Dance Day” but to also inspire and encourage us to do our part on days such as “Blood Donor Day”, “Employee Appreciation Month”, “Cystic Fibrosis Month”…and the list just goes on.
This is a great way to tick those things off your list that have been sitting there month after month but there just hasn’t been that push you needed to go out and do it.
This month we had “Random Act of Kindness Day” on February 17th. Being an insolvency firm, we regularly deal with people who are not in the best state of mind, so we must implement acts of kindness and understanding every day and create a welcoming environment so people are at ease during challenging times. It is such a simple thing to be kind and it’s often overlooked because we are so busy these days.
Here are some simple ways to practice kindness with your family, friends, colleagues, strangers and even yourself:
- Share words of encouragement. You never know who might need them.
- Give each employee you pass in the office a compliment.
- Pay for the coffee or meal of the person in front or behind of you in line.
- Leave a kind note for someone, no explanation needed.
- Organize a small team to volunteer some time to help a charity or perhaps a homeless shelter.
- Offer your help to someone that’s doing a task that you are experienced or skilled in.
- Make sure you have enough “you” time.
- Listen to your favorite music or podcast or read your favorite book to have some down time.
- Bring lunch to the person who is “in the zone”…because they still need to eat!
- Give yourself recognition.
- Pick up the phone to check in on someone you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Encourage someone to pursue their dream.
- Smile 🙂
It’s so important for the world to have kindness and as you can see it doesn’t take much to do the above but it can have a huge impact for the better.
About the author
Rikki-Lee Bird is our Practice Manager at HLB Mann Judd Insolvency WA. Rikki oversees the daily operations of the Bookkeeping, Marketing and Administration of the firm.
If you have any queries about insolvency matters, please feel free to contact Us on 08 9215 7900.