How the ASIC Published Notices Website can help you and your clients
September 24, 2019
At HLB Mann Judd Insolvency WA, we are often contacted by members of our valued referral network to inquire about whether a certain company has gone into external administration and for a clue on who the external administrator might be.
Our first port of call to assist with these queries is the ASIC Published Notices Website.
In the past, before the introduction of the ASIC Published Notices Website in mid-2012, we were required to publish notices about our insolvency appointments in the public notices section of a national newspaper (normally The West Australian) and occasionally in the ASIC Gazette for certain types of notices.
The ASIC Published Notices Website now replaces and updates those publication requirements into a web based ‘notice board’.
Most relevantly, the website caters for the following types of notices for the public to search and inspect:
- Notices arising out of an external insolvency administration
- Notices of appointment (including details of appointees and their firm)
- Notices of meetings
- Notices regarding dividend distributions
- Notices regarding winding up applications filed with an Australian court
- Notices required to be published in relation to members’ voluntary liquidation procedures
- Notices regarding ASIC’s intention to deregister a company
The website is free to search and there are no registration requirements. So it is an easy place to go to in order to check up on:
- a customer or supplier of a client for whom there may be suspicions about insolvency; and
- for companies that are in external administration, to check for upcoming meetings and dividend notifications.
Jump online and check it out when you have a moment to spare.
About the author
Greg Quin is a Director at HLB Mann Judd Insolvency WA and has been with the team for 10 years. Greg oversees the daily operations of the many insolvency appointments managed by the HLB Insolvency team and looks after the operations of the practice.
If you have any queries about insolvency matters, please feel free to contact Greg on 08 9215 7900, 0402 943 091 or via email to email@example.com.